Set minimum purchase amounts for wholesale orders
You can require that your customers spend at minimum a set amount each time that they make a wholesale order. You can set this minimum order amount for your wholesale store and for individual wholesale customers. The minimum order amount set for a customer takes precedence over the minimum order amount set for the store.
For example, you set $150 as the minimum order amount for your wholesale store. Then, you set the minimum order amount to $200 for customer Joe. All customers except for Joe create orders that meet or exceed $150. Joe creates orders that meet or exceed $200.
Set the minimum order amount for your wholesale store
Unless a wholesale customer has their own minimum order amount, your wholesale customers must create orders that meet or exceed the amount set for the wholesale store.
- From your Shopify admin, open the Wholesale channel, and then click Settings.
- Enable the Set a minimum purchase option and enter the amount that wholesale draft orders must match or exceed:
- When you're done, click Save.
Set the minimum order amount for a wholesale customer
The minimum order amount that you set for a customer is the amount that their wholesale orders need to meet or exceed even if there is a minimum order amount set for the store.
To set the minimum purchase amount for a customer:
- Open the Wholesale channel, and then click Accounts.
- In the table, click the name of the customer.
- Enable Set a minimum purchase, and then specify the minimum amount that this customer's orders must meet or exceed:
- Click Save.
- When you create orders for your wholesale customers in your Shopify admin, the minimum order amounts are checked. See Create orders for wholesale customers.
- You can also set minimum and maximum quantity amounts for individual products and variants when you create your price lists. See Wholesale price lists.
- Change your wholesale store settings
- Create price lists
- Process wholesale orders