Import wholesale products
Before you import wholesale products into your Shopify admin, make sure that you include tags to help manage the products after they are imported.
Before you begin
Before you import products for wholesale, consider your tagging needs and add product tags to your import CSV. It is faster to add tags to your products in a CSV file before the import than it is afterwards. For example, if you automate the maintenance of your collections and have filters that use product tags, then add these tags to your products in the CSV file.
To import products using a CSV file:
- Use the product CSV template to create a CSV file to import your wholesale products. See Importing your products with a CSV file.
- If you use any tags for your products, then add them to the CSV file, so that your products are tagged when they are imported.
- Tag your wholesale products with a tag that identifies the import. You will use this import tag in your Shopify admin to find the newly imported products, so that you can publish them to the Wholesale channel. For example, the tag could contain a date and timestamp or include the source of the product.
- Import the products.
- Publish your newly imported products to the Wholesale channel:
- In your Shopify admin, click Products.
- Click Filter Products.
- In the Show all products where drop-down, select Tagged with and enter the import tag that you created in step 1.
- Click Add Filter. This applies a filter to show the newly imported products.
- Select all products in the table, click Bulk Edit, click Publish Selected Products, and then enable the Wholesale option.
Your products have been imported into your Shopify admin and are now available to the Wholesale channel.
You can verify that a product has been published and that it is visible to the Wholesale channel on the product's page.