When you integrate Rakuten with your Shopify store, your customers will be offered Rakuten delivery services at checkout, and Rakuten will update your product inventory levels after fulfillment.
Set up your account with Rakuten
You must contact Rakuten directly if you need help setting up your account with them.
During your Rakuten account setup, you will have to add your products to your Rakuten product list. You can add products individually or using a spreadsheet, but in either case:
- You must give each product or variant an SKU which matches its SKU in Shopify.
- You must provide correct weights (correct to the nearest gram) and product dimensions for each product or variant. The weights you give must match the weights of your products in Shopify, and be expressed in the same units (pounds or kilograms).
From your Shopify admin, click Settings, and then click Shipping.
Scroll down to the Dropshipping and fulfillment section. If you haven't activated a service yet, then click Add dropshipping service. If you've already added a service and want to add another, then click Manage services instead.
In the Rakuten section, click View on the App Store to open the Rakuten Super Logistics (formerly Webgistix) page in the Shopify App Store:
From the App Store, click Get to install the app in your Shopify admin.
Enter your Rakuten account credentials, then click Submit.
Set shipping rates for Rakuten
Rakuten offers the following shipping methods:
- UPS Ground Shipping
- UPS Standard Shipping (Canada Only)
- UPS 3-Business Day
- UPS 2-Business Day
- UPS 2-Business Day AM
- UPS Next Day
- UPS Next Day Saver
- UPS Next Day Early AM
- UPS Worldwide Express (Next Day)
- UPS Worldwide Expedited (2nd Day)
- UPS Worldwide Express Saver
- FedEx Priority Overnight
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- FedEx First Overnight
- FedEx 2nd Day
- FedEx Express Saver
- FedEx International Priority
- FedEx International Economy
- FedEx International First
- FedEx Ground
- USPS Priority Mail
- USPS Priority Mail International
- USPS Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box
- USPS Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box
- USPS Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box
- USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope
- USPS First Class Mail
- USPS First Class International
- USPS Express Mail
- USPS Express Mail International
- USPS Parcel Post
- USPS Media Mail
For each destination that you ship to using Rakuten, you must define a shipping rate for each of the Rakuten options that you want to offer. Make sure that you:
- copy each Rakuten shipping rate name exactly.
- set the criteria by weight or price.
Configure your products for fulfillment by Rakuten
The procedure varies slightly depending on whether you are:
- Configuring new products for fulfillment by Rakuten
- Configuring existing products for fulfillment by Rakuten
Configuring new products for fulfillment by Rakuten
- When you’re adding a new product, on the Add product page, scroll down to Inventory & variants.
- In the Inventory policy drop-down menu, select Rakuten.
- Ensure that you've entered correct values in the Weight and SKU fields. These must match the values you used for your Rakuten product list.
- In the Inventory policy drop-down menu, choose Shopify tracks this variant's inventory.
- Click Save.
Configuring existing products for fulfillment by Rakuten
From your Shopify admin, click Products (or press
Click the name of the product you want to enable fulfillment for.
Scroll down to the Inventory & Variants field and click Edit.
Locate the Inventory section. In the drop-down menu under Fulfillment , select Rakuten.
Make sure that you've entered correct values in the Weight and SKU fields. These must match the values you used for your Rakuten product list.
In the Inventory policy drop-down menu, select Shopify tracks this variant's inventory.
If you have many products to edit, consider exporting your products as a .csv file, editing the file and re-importing with the overwrite option on.
Send sold line items for fulfillment by Rakuten
A fulfillment service will not ship an item for you until you mark the order as fulfilled from your Shopify admin.