Buying a store on Exchange
To buy a store using Exchange, go to the Exchange marketplace. Browse by Featured stores, All stores, or Stores by industry. Click the button for the store you are interested in, then click Contact seller to email the current store owner using the provided form.
Some common questions you might ask a store owner include:
- Does the store have physical inventory, or does it use dropshipping?
- Are there any marketing or social media accounts in place for the store?
- Does the current owner plan to offer support after the sale?
After you submit the contact form, the store seller will receive an email with your message. They will be able to respond to you directly by email. Emails are anonymous between buyers and sellers until a purchase offer is accepted. After the sale is finalized, you will receive an email notifying you that you are now the store's owner.
When you log in to your store for the first time, you will need to:
- Pick a plan
- Add a credit card
- Set up Shopify Payments
- Reconnect social channels
- Update contact information in third-party apps and services