Working on your clients' live stores
If you want to work on a live store without affecting it, you have three options:
Option 1: Work with a development store
- From the live shop, export the theme then import the theme into your existing development store.
- Now you can work on a copy of the live shop’s theme in a dev environment.
- When you are ready to launch the updated theme, export the theme from the development store and then import it to the Live Shop as the primary theme.
Option 2: Edit an unpublished theme
- Shopify has multiple theme support, so you can make a copy (duplicate) of your theme on the Theme Manager page in your Shopify admin, and edit that unpublished theme.
Option 3: Use a Theme Editor
- If you are a Mac user, you can edit your theme from your desktop using the Desktop Theme Editor for OS X. Download it from the App Store.
- You can also use the TextMate bundle to edit your theme inside TextMate (or E-editor on the PC) and the bundle then pushes you edits to your live shop using our API: Meeech's shopify.tmbundle.