- Add a 'Continue shopping' link
- Add a delivery date picker
- Add a gift-wrap option
- Add more checkout buttons to the cart page
- Add a shipping calculator
- Add a terms and conditions checkbox
- Collect customer information with cart attributes
- Enable order notes
- Prevent orders for out-of-stock items
- Use permalinks to pre-load the cart
The cart page shows a summary of all of the products that a customer has added to the cart, a subtotal and a total price for the order, and a Checkout button that directs customers to Shopify's secure checkout pages. When no products have been added, the empty cart page shows a Continue shopping link that takes customers back to view your products. You can edit the settings and add new features to your store's cart page to suit the needs of your business.
Supported and unsupported tutorials
Some of the theme code customization tutorials are supported by Shopify, and some are not. This applies only if you use a free theme from Shopify. If you use a paid theme, then Shopify can't help with theme code customization tutorials. Instead, you might be able to reach out to your theme's developer for support. To learn more about support for paid themes, see Paid themes.
A supported theme code customization tutorial is any tutorial that includes the following note at the top of the page:
An unsupported theme code customization tutorial is any tutorial that includes the following caution at the top of the page: