- Add captions or labels to product images
- Add an inventory table
- Add a quantity selector
- Add a size chart
- Add tabs to product descriptions
- Allow pre-orders
- Get customization information for products
- Hide product prices or disable your cart
- Hide variants that are sold out
- Make 'Pick an option' the default choice for drop-downs
- Limit cart quantities to in-stock items
- Recommend related products
- Select variants by clicking their images
- Show featured image until a variant is selected
- Show inventory quantities
- Show SKU numbers
- Show VAT prices
- Stay on the product page when items are added to the cart
- Update a theme to use variant images
- Use products with multiple options
Customizations to product pages are generally made in your Settings, or in the
product.liquid template (or its alternatives that you create).
Before customizing your theme, make sure that you understand what level of support is available.
If you use a free theme from Shopify, we can help if you have trouble with supported customizations. Supported customizations include all tutorials in the Shopify Help Center that do not have the warning message shown in the Unsupported customizations section below. You can chat, email, or call us any time.
Unsupported customizations are outside the scope of our support service. This means that we’re not able to help you if you run into problems. All unsupported customizations include the following warning message:
If you are having trouble with an unsupported customization, then consider hiring a Shopify Expert. There’s also a growing community on our forums. You’ll often find friendly and helpful advice there.
If you do not use a free theme from Shopify, then customizations for your theme are not supported by Shopify. To find out what kind of support is available for your theme, go to your Themes page, and click Customize theme. Next, click the
... button beside your theme name in the top-left corner of the theme editor. Select Support: