Editing metafields in bulk
You can use the bulk editor tool to make changes to multiple metafields at the same time. You can edit metafields in bulk for products, variants, collections, and customers.
If you use the Microsoft Edge web browser to edit product metafields in bulk, then it can cause errors due a limited URL length. Consider using other web browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
On this page
Edit product metafields in bulk
You can select products to edit in bulk from the Products page in your Shopify admin.
The bulk editor displays the products that you selected and some of their properties in a table. You can change which product properties display in the table. Each column in the table represents a product property, such as price, SKU, and specific product metafield. Each row in the table represents a selected product.
After you select the product metafields that you want to edit, you can click the fields within the editor to type in new data or edit existing data.
- From your Shopify admin, click Products.
- Use the checkboxes to select each product that you want to edit.
- Click Edit products.
- Click Columns.
- In the Metafields section, select the metafields that you want to edit in bulk.
- Click and type within a field in the table to edit the product metafield for that product.
- Click Save. If any errors occur, then you need to fix them, and then click Save again.