On this page
Create a new entry
- From your Shopify admin, go to Content > Metaobjects.
- Click Add entry. If you have more than one metaobject definition available, then choose the definition to base the new entry on.
- Complete the fields for your entry. These fields are determined by the metaobject.
- Optional: Set the status for your metaobject. New entries are set to Active by default. Active means it's ready to be displayed in your store, but it won't be seen by customers until you publish it. If an entry is set to Draft, then you won't be able to publish it to your store.
- Click Save.
Your entry has a generated handle, which is a readable, URL-safe unique identifier specific to a single entry. While you can edit the entry handle after you have started using entries in your store, doing so isn't recommended. If you edit the entry handle and it's being used in other parts of your store, then this impacts any references manually set in your store, including in Liquid. Editing the entry handle can result in Liquid errors or not having an entry connected to your product, collection, and other areas of your Shopify admin.
Editing an entry
You can edit entries at any time from the Content > Metaobjects dashboard.
If the entry is published anywhere on your store, then your edits will automatically be reflected wherever the entry is used.
If you want to make changes to the fields that the entry uses, then you need to edit the metaobject and not the individual entry.
- Click an entry to load the details.
- Make any required changes to the entry.
- Use the drop-down menu to set the status to Draft or Active.
- Click Save.
Delete an entry
Deleting an entry can't be undone.
- In your Shopify admin, go to Content > Metaobjects.
- Click an entry that you want to delete.
- Click Delete. Confirmation text displays to confirm that you want delete the entry.
- Click Delete to remove the entry.