Set an alias domain for a target
You can set the behavior of a domain to be an alias domain that points to a target storefront, but doesn't redirect to the primary domain. Only the alias domain is displayed in the URL of the browser.
Alias domains are most useful when other Shopify features for the online store aren't being used to redirect away from the alias. There are limitations to consider when choosing to use them:
- Market-specific domains will have priority over any alias domain. For stores that don't use the primary domain for all markets, the alias domain will only render markets on the primary domain.
- Alias domains aren't supported for the new customer accounts pages. Shopify stores can only have one custom domain for the customer account pages.
When using alias domains, it is recommended that the content of the storefront differs from that of the primary domain. Search engines might rank search results lower if multiple domains display the same content.
Set a domain as an alias
After you add the domain that you want to use as an alias to your Shopify admin, you can set it as an alias in your domain settings.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Domains.
- Click the domain that you want to make an alias domain.
- Click Change domain type.
- Select Alias domain, and then click Change domain type.