Marking jobs as complete
When the job is done, either you or the Expert can mark it as complete. After one of you marks the job as complete, the other receives a request to do the same. When both you and the Expert have marked the job as complete, it appears as Completed on the Jobs page in your Shopify admin. If either you or the Expert doesn't agree that the job is complete, then you can decline the request.
Marking jobs as complete helps you to keep track of ongoing work in your Shopify admin. It also helps the Experts Marketplace to improve its matching algorithm, so that you get matched with the right Experts in the future.
Mark a job as complete
From your Shopify admin, click the account menu, and then click Hire a Shopify expert:
Click the name of the job that you want to mark as complete.
Click Complete job.
Optional: In the Mark job as complete dialog, enter a description about your experience working with the Expert. This information helps Shopify to improve Experts Marketplace. Your response isn't shared with the Expert.
Click Mark as complete.
If the Expert hasn't marked the job as complete yet, then they receive a request to do so. If they've already marked the job as complete, then it now appears as Completed on the Jobs page in your Shopify admin.
Reviewing Experts in Experts Marketplace
When you approve an Expert's request to confirm that a job's been completed, you have the option to leave a review. After you submit it, your review appears on the Expert's profile in Experts Marketplace. Leaving reviews lets other merchants view your experience working with that Expert, and makes it easier to find trusted Experts to work with based on their ratings in Experts Marketplace.
When you leave a review, you can rate two different areas: the communication and the quality of work. We've learned that these two things matter the most when you're working with Shopify Experts. You can also leave testimonials and share the cost of the project.
Each review is associated with the category of the job that was completed. This helps you to find Experts who have experience with jobs that are similar to the one that you're requesting. From the Expert's profile page, you can view similar jobs that they completed and the reviews that they received for those jobs.
Guidelines for writing reviews
Follow these guidelines to make sure that your reviews are helpful for Experts who want to improve their quality of work, and for other merchants who are deciding which Experts to hire:
- Provide honest and constructive feedback in your review. It should give a detailed description of your job, and mention any specific things about the job that made you give it a positive or negative review. Although a very brief positive review can be helpful, a review is more useful if it shares details about the experience.
- Don't copy someone else's review. It isn't useful for merchants to see the same style of review for Experts' work repeated throughout the Experts Marketplace.
- Avoid being generic. For example, leaving a review that says "It was amazing. This Expert is better than anyone out there!" isn't descriptive enough, and wouldn't be helpful to a merchant who is deciding whether to work with the Expert. Instead, explain exactly what it was about working with the Expert that made the experience positive or negative.
- State facts instead of using negative terms. Try to avoid terms like "terrible," "agonizing," or "awful" because they describe your feelings and not the facts about the job or the Expert. For example, if you had a bad experience with an Expert because they failed to meet your timeline for the job, then mention how it was delayed instead of saying only that "it was awful."
- Make sure that your review reflects how the entire job went, from start to finish. The number of stars in your rating might be the first thing that other merchants see, but your comments can give them an idea of what the overall experience of working with the Expert is like. For example, you could include a short explanation with your rating, such as "I gave them one star because their communication wasn't as regular as I would have liked" or "I'd recommend this Expert, but only if you're very hands off on project management."
- Be considerate when leaving a review. Remember that your review is an assessment of an Expert's hard work and the execution of their vision. Your reviews are posted publicly, where the Expert and others can see them.
Hire the same Expert for a new job
If you want to work with the same Expert on a new job, then go to one of their previous jobs in the Hire an Expert section of your Shopify admin, and click Create job.