Display your store policies and other legal information
Merchants who sell in Germany often add pages to display the following types of legal information:
|Terms of Service
|Rules that customers must follow to use your service.
|General rules about how your store protects the privacy of customers.
|Shipping and payments
|An explanation of how customers can pay and how products are shipped.
|Describes the right to return products.
|A standardized return request slip for customers.
|Imprint or legal notice
|Information about your company, such as the name, address, and contact details.
On this page
Add store policies to display legal information
You can create pages for the following store policies in the Shopify admin:
- Shipping policy
- Legal notice
You need to create your own store policies. Contact a local legal expert for help.
From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Policies.
Enter your store policies.
When you add your store policies, they are automatically linked in the footer of your checkout pages. You can also link to the policies from your online store navigation.
Add custom pages to display legal information
You can create webpages in your Shopify admin. Webpages contain information that rarely changes or that customers will reference often, like an "About us" page or a "Contact us" page.
Add links within your store policies
Depending on your local laws, you might need to include certain links in your store policies. For example, merchants who sell in Germany usually include a link to Google’s Opt Out extension.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Policies.
- Find and highlight the text that you want to turn into a link.
- Click the Insert link icon in the toolbar.
- Enter the destination URL and a description for the link.
- Select how the link should open:
- the same window: The link will open in a user's existing browser tab or window.
- a new window: The link will open in a new browser tab or window.
- Click Insert link.