Setting up and activating Shopify Markets Pro
After your Markets Pro application is approved, you receive an email and a notification in the Markets page, and then you can activate Markets Pro in your Shopify admin.
Before you activate Markets Pro, make sure that you understand the changes that Markets Pro will make to your online store. Review any shipping pages or policies on your store and make any necessary updates.
If you're selling to customers in the European Union or the United Kingdom, then you also need to ensure GDPR compliance with opt-in cookie tracking in your online store.
Before you activate Markets Pro
Before you activate Markets Pro in your Shopify admin, review the following changes that are made to your store.
Step 1: Updating your store's shipping page and policies
Consider updating your store's shipping page and policies, so that your customers know how international shipping works on your online store.
- a list of countries where you ship products to
- a notice informing your customers that duties and taxes are calculated at checkout, and that they don't have to pay them upon delivery
- a notice informing your customers that DHL Express shipping service is used to ship and deliver products
- an indication that customers can use their own local currency and a local payment method to pay for your products
Step 2: Setting up opt-in cookie tracking for customers in European Union and United Kingdom
However, you're responsible for the data that you have access to when your customers purchase from your online store. If you're selling to customers in European Union and the United Kingdom, then you need to ensure GDPR compliance with opt-in cookie tracking.
Step 3: Activate Markets Pro
After your Markets Pro application is approved, you can activate Markets Pro in your Shopify admin.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Markets.
- Click Activate now.
- In the Changes you'll notice with Markets Pro section, review the changes, and then click Accept.
- In the Changes to currencies and payments section, review the changes, and then click Accept.
- In the Changes to your markets section, review the changes, and then click Accept.
- In the Changes to customer shipping rates for secondary markets section, decide what you want to do with your shipping rates:
- To accept the suggested customer shipping rates, click Accept suggested customer rate.
- To set your own rates, do the following:
- Click download the rate table.
- Click Download.
- Click Set rates later.
- In the Changes to fulfillment for secondary markets section, click Activate Markets Pro.
Deactivating Markets Pro
Activating Markets Pro affects all your markets. You can't activate or deactivate Markets Pro for specific markets.
If you no longer want to use Markets Pro for all your international orders, then you need to write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request to deactivate Markets Pro on your store.