Adding a favicon to your store
A favicon, or favorites icon, is a small square image or logo that displays next to a web address. You can find favicons on your browser tabs, as well as on browser pages that list web addresses, such as the bookmarks page. You can add a favicon to your online store to help strengthen your brand and to add a polished look to your website.
Create a favicon
You can use a free favicon generator website to create a custom favicon, or you can create your own. To find a favicon generator, search the internet for
free favicon generator.
The ideal size for a favicon is either 16x16 pixels or 32x32 pixels. If your favicon file is too large, then it will be reduced to 32x32 pixels when you upload it to Shopify.
Add a favicon to your online store
The option to add a favicon is available on the Basic Shopify plan or higher. Adding a favicon isn't availble on the Shopify Starter plan.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
- Find the theme that you want to edit, and then click Customize.
- Click the gear icon to access Theme settings.
- Depending on your theme version, click Logo or Favicon.
- In the Favicon image area, click Select image, and then do one of the following:
- To select an image that you've already uploaded to your Shopify admin, click the Store library tab.
- To select an image from your local computer, click Add images.
- Click Done.
- Add alt text to your favicon image:
- Click Edit.
- In the Preview and edit window, enter a brief description of the image in the Alt text field.
- Click Save.
- Click Save.