Adding alternative text to your theme images
When you add images to your online store, it's important to make them accessible to customers who are blind or have low vision. You can do this by adding alternative text that accurately describes each image. Customers who use screen readers rely on alt text to communicate the content of images on your online store.
In this article, you can read about adding alt text to images from the theme editor. You can also add alt text to your product images from the Shopify admin.
To learn more about alt text and theme accessibility, see Accessibility for themes.
On this page
Add alt text to theme images
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
- Find the theme that you want to edit, and then click Customize.
- From the theme editor sidebar, click the section with the image that needs alt text.
- On the image, click Edit.
- In the dialog, enter the alt text, and then click Save.
- Click Save.