Shopify Payments rates by card type
If your business is based in the United States, then Shopify Payments charged are determined based on the card type used by your customers.
There are two main card types that determine the charges for your Shopify Payments:
- Standard: Includes domestic consumer cards issued by Visa, Mastercard, Discovery, and Diners Club.
- Premium: Includes domestic commercial, corporate, or business tier cards (such as Visa Business), and all domestic American Express cards.
Consumer cards are credit cards issued to individuals for personal use and fall into the Standard card type category.
Commercial, corporate, and business cards
Commercial, corporate, and business cards are specifically designed for businesses and organizations. They serve as a convenient payment method for business-related expenses, such as purchasing supplies, inventory, and covering employee expenses. Commercial, corporate, and business cards fall into the Premium card type category.
Additional charges for international cards
When processing international cards and payment methods, an additional 1% charge is applied above the applicable base fee. Learn more about plans and pricing.
View payment rates in your Shopify Admin
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Payments.
- In the Shopify Payments section, click Manage.
- In the Payment rates section, view the rates that apply to all payment methods, unless otherwise specified.
Payments finance report
The Payments finance report is a useful tool that displays your store's payment transactions for a selected timeframe. It also provides information on the volume of transactions based on card types. Learn more about the Payments finance report.
View the Payments finance report
- From your Shopify admin, go to Analytics > Reports.
- Click Categories.
- Select Finances to filter the reports to include only finances reports.
- In the Name column, click the Payments report.