Authorize.net payment provider
Authorize.net is a payment provider that lets you to accept credit card payments on your Shopify store.
On this page
Set up Authorize.net on your store
Disable test mode for Authorize.net
Your Authorize.net account is in test mode when you open a merchant account with them. The test servers aren't compatible with Shopify, so you need to disable test mode for your Authorize.net account.
After you disable test mode, you can activate Authorize.net in Shopify.
Activate Authorize.net in Shopify
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Payments.
- Do one of the following:
- If you have Shopify Payments enabled:
- In the Shopify payments section, click Manage.
- At the bottom of the page, click Switch to a third-party provider, and then click Switch to a third-party provider again to confirm.
- If you don't have Shopify Payments enabled, then in the Shopify payments section, click See all other providers.
- If Shopify Payments isn't available in your country, then in the Payment providers section, click Choose a provider.
- Select Authorize.net from the list.
- Enter your API Login ID and Transaction key.
- After you've entered your credentials, click Activate.
- Click Save.
Authorize.net is now set up to process credit card payments on your Shopify store.
Use Authorize.net in test mode
If you want to use Authorize.net in test mode, then you need to sign up for an Authorize.net sandbox account. After you sign up for a sandbox account, you need to set up test mode in your Shopify admin.
You can now test your Authorize.net configuration by making a purchase on your store using one of the Authorize.net test card numbers.
Refund fails because of required field
When you try to refund an order in Shopify that was paid with Authorize.net, you might see an error message like
Bill To Last Name is required. This message means that one or more fields on your Authorize.net hosted payment form are set to
required, which causes an error with Shopify orders. Before you can refund the order in Shopify, you need to go to the Hosted Payment Form in your Authorize.net account and set all the fields to not required. For help on setting fields on your Hosted Payment Form, see the Authorize.net support center.