If you use a fulfillment app that allows multi-managed inventory, then you might need to adjust the settings for the products that you stock at your store locations before you can update inventory quantities.
Managing inventory from multiple locations or fulfillment apps
You can manage inventory for products from multiple locations, which could include one or more store locations as well as one or more fulfillment apps that has multi-managed inventory enabled.
Multi-managed inventory allows you to manage some of a product's inventory at store locations while some of its inventory is managed by the fulfillment app. Fulfillment apps could include dropshipping apps, logistics services, and custom fulfillment services. For example, an app could be a warehouse that fulfills orders on your behalf.
When you manage your store's inventory from multiple locations, you need to set a product's inventory to be stocked at Multiple locations before you can update its inventory quantities when the following is true:
- The product is stocked at multiple store locations.
- The product is stocked at one or more store locations, and some inventory is managed by one or more fulfillment apps that allow multi-managed inventory.
You can manage inventory quantities for multiple locations from a product or variant's details page.
- From the Products page, select a product.
- If the product has variants, then select a variant.
- In the Inventory section, make sure Multiple locations is selected from the Inventory will be stocked at list.
- If you want to add or remove locations, then click Edit locations and check or uncheck locations in the list, and then click Save.
- If you want to update inventory quantity for a location, then click the quantity listed under Available to adjust or set the quantity, and then click Save.
- If you want to enable tracking for the product or variant, then check Track quantity.
- If you made any changes, then click Save.