Marketing activity reports for integrated marketing apps
If you use apps for your marketing, then the marketing activity reports can give you insight into how well your marketing is doing.
The marketing activity reports give detailed analytics on conversions, such as the conversion rate, average order value, top products sold, and more. The reports give you the information that you need to follow and measure the success of your marketing activities that use services such as Google Shopping Campaigns and Facebook Ads.
The results shown in the reports depend on the marketing app that's sending the data to Shopify. For a list of all the apps that you can use, see the integrated marketing apps on the Shopify App Store. For the data to show up in the marketing activity reports, you need to use one of these apps, which use UTM parameters. For details on setting up your marketing activities, see the documentation for your particular app.
You can also view marketing activity reports from an order's details page.
View marketing activity reports
In your Shopify admin, go to Marketing.
Click a campaign name.
Hover over a campaign activity, and then click View report.
Data in the marketing activity reports
By analyzing your reports, you can determine the success of your marketing activities in driving conversions. The data can also help show which activities are effective at driving traffic compared to sales volume. You can also get insight into who your marketing programs are popular with.
Values begin to appear in the reports within a few minutes of any customer activity.
The following data is shown in the reports:
- Average order value: Includes taxes, shipping, and discounts. Excludes gift cards.
- Average pages viewed: Total pageviews divided by marketing activity visits.
- Average session duration: Total visit time in minutes divided by marketing activity visits.
- Conversion rate: Number of orders as a percentage of total visits to your store.
- Discounts shared: Shows the discount code that a customer used.
- First time vs. returning customers: Compares the number of customers who visited for the first time to the number who visited more than once.
- Orders: Number of orders placed.
- Sales: Total sales from all marketing activities. Includes gross sales, shipping, and taxes. Excludes discounts and returns.
- Sales by location: Number of sales that originated from each country.
- Top products by units sold: Shows which products have sold the most.
- Visits: Total sessions from all marketing activities. Includes new and returning visitors.
- Visits by location: Often higher than "Sales by location" because not every visit results in a sale.