Email tracking and analytics
Open tracking shows you how many emails sent out using Shopify Email are opened by the recipients. Open tracking is enabled by default, and gives you an open rate in the report section of each Shopify Email campaign that you send. Open tracking data shows only the total number of emails that have been opened, and not which recipients opened the email.
Other statistics that are displayed within the report for each email campaign include:
- The delivery rate, which tells you how many emails were delivered successfully
- How many subscribers unsubscribed
- How many subscribers clicked a link within the email
- How many times the email was reported as spam
- How many unique visitors your store had from the email
- How many times a visit to your store from the email resulted in items being added to the cart
- How many orders were placed by customers visiting your store from the email
- The dollar amount in sales made from visits to your store from the email
You can enable or disable open tracking.
If you want to turn open tracking off, or back on again, then you can follow these steps.
- In your Shopify admin, click Settings.
- Click Notifications
- Under Email marketing, choose either Track email opens or Don't track email opens.
Will customers be able to see who else is getting the email?
No, all other recipient email addresses are hidden.
What does open rate mean?
The open rate is how often people who receive your email open it.
What's a good open rate?
A good open rate ranges from 20% to 22%.