This page was printed on Jun 24, 2019. For the current version, visit https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/reports-and-analytics/discrepancies.
You'll sometimes see different results between Shopify analytics and third-party tracking services such as Google Analytics.
There are many possible reasons for differences in tracking results:
- Differences in how page reloads and unique visitors are counted. Google counts every page reload, but a browser won’t count reloads of cached pages.
- Differences in how sessions are defined. For example, some analytics software counts search bots as visitors, while other software doesn’t.
- Customers can use browser extensions to block Google Analytics from tracking their sessions and purchases.
- Discrepancies might be introduced because of different reporting timezones. Read about changing your Google time zone here.
- It’s unlikely that identical tracking mechanisms are being used by each of the services, so your visitors will not be recorded equally. Details of recording mechanisms are proprietary information and are never shared.