Overview of QuickBooks Desktop POS migration
When you migrate from QuickBooks POS to Shopify POS, you can make use of exclusive offers and discounts for Shopify POS, additional hardware, and other Shopify services, such as Shopify Payments. You can also review how Shopify POS compares to QuickBooks POS and other POS solutions.
Intuit QuickBooks POS discontinuation
Intuit QuickBooks POS 19.0, including payments and connected services, will be discontinued on October 3, 2023. Intuit has partnered with Shopify to provide a POS option that integrates with QuickBooks Desktop accounting software. QuickBooks Desktop accounting software will continue to operate as usual and isn't affected by the discontinuation.
QuickBooks POS will be available for your reference permanently, but you won't be able to accept payments after October 3, 2023. After you migrate to Shopify, you don't need to action any account cancellations. You also shouldn't process any sales using QuickBooks POS to avoid inventory and reporting errors.
Exclusive offers and promotions
When you migrate from QuickBooks POS to Shopify POS you receive the following exclusive offers and discounts by email and in your Shopify admin:
- 50% off one-year subscription on Shopify POS Pro (save 534 USD)
- 50% off additional hardware you might need for your business
- Free Tap & Chip Card Reader (save 49 USD)
- Free 3-year Basic Shopify ecommerce plan (save 1,404 USD)
- Free custom-built QuickBooks Desktop POS migration tool
To activate all of your exclusive offers, you need to select Shopify Payments as your payment processing method, and subscribe to Shopify POS Pro for one year. If you have correctly applied your unique ID or promo code during sign-up, then the ecommerce and POS subscription discounts are displayed in your Shopify admin. Hardware discount codes are sent to your email address after you subscribe to Shopify POS Pro.
For questions about plan pricing and promotions, hardware codes, or issues with hardware orders, contact the Shopify Migration Support team.
Review the following table to learn more about the eligibility requirements for all the exclusive offers:
|Item||When you're on Shopify Payments and POS Pro||When you're on Shopify Payments and POS Lite||When you aren't on Shopify Payments and POS Pro or Lite||Regular offer|
|Ecommerce plan trial||Free for 30 days||Free for 30 days||Free for 30 days||Free for 3 days|
|POS Pro trial||Free for 30 days||Free for 30 days||Free for 30 days||Free for 14 days|
|POS Pro annual subscription||50% discount||50% discount to upgrade to POS Pro||20% discount||89 USD per month|
|QuickBooks Desktop Connector app and Stocky app||Free||Free||Free||Stocky app is available only to the POS Pro users|
|Shopify Tap & Chip reader||Free with code||49 USD||49 USD||49 USD|
|Additional hardware||50% discount from QuickBooks collection||Full price on all items in store||Full price on all items in store||Full price on all items in store|
|Ecommerce Basic plan monthly subscription||Free for 3 years||Free for 3 years||Free for 3 years||39 USD per month|
|Ecommerce Shopify or Advanced monthly subscription||50% discount||50% discount||50% discount||105 USD per month for Shopify plan or 399 USD per month for Advanced plan|
Comparing Shopify POS to QuickBooks POS and other POS solutions
Shopify POS compared to QuickBooks Desktop POS
Shopify POS has all the features that QuickBooks Desktop POS has and more. Shopify POS also integrates with QuickBooks Desktop accounting software to keep your accounting information in sync with your POS.
When you switch to Shopify POS, you receive the following additional features with a Pro plan:
- Multi-location management
- Advanced inventory management and reporting
- Compatible hardware suite tailored to all types of businesses
- Unlimited orders and SKUs
- Integrated, first-party payments processing
- A built-in website builder and online store with ecommerce features that optimize in-store sales, such as the following:
- Local pickup and delivery
- Gift card sales and management online or in store
- Integrated customer order history, online and in store
- Built-in customer loyalty programs and marketing tools
Learn more about how Shopify POS compares to QuickBooks Desktop POS.
Shopify POS compared to other POS solutions
If you're not sure whether Shopify POS is the correct choice for your business, then you can review how Shopify POS compares to other POS solutions. Review how Shopify POS compares to other POS solutions:
- Shopify POS compared with Lightspeed
- Shopify POS compared with Square for Retail
- Shopify POS compared with Clover
Shopify POS compatibility with QuickBooks Desktop accounting software
When you migrate from QuickBooks Desktop POS to Shopify POS, a built-in importer tool imports your POS data and works with your QuickBooks Desktop accounting software for an ongoing sync of your accounting data.
To integrate with Shopify, you need to have a supported version of QuickBooks Desktop accounting software (2021, 2022, or 2023). Subscription users might need to download the latest version and release.
The following QuickBooks accounting products are compatible with Shopify:
- QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise (Subscription)
- QuickBooks Desktop Premier Plus (Subscription)
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus (Subscription)
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2021
- QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2021