View a product's inventory adjustment history (Shopify admin)
If you are using Shopify to track a product's inventory, then you can view its inventory adjustment history. If the product has variants, then you can view the inventory adjustment history for each variant that is being tracked, but you can't view the inventory adjustment history for all of the variants at once.
You can view only the last 90 days of inventory adjustment history for a product or variant.
When you view the inventory adjustment history for a product or variant, you see the following information about inventory adjustments:
- Date - The date of the adjustment.
- Activity - The event that caused the adjustment, such as a transfer or an order. If a staff member caused the adjustment, then their name is listed.
- Unavailable - The inventory that is unavailable after the adjustment.
- Committed - The number of units that are part of an order but aren't yet fulfilled. Inventory units that are part of draft orders aren't counted as committed until the draft order becomes an order.
- Available - The inventory quantity that is available after the adjustment, and that isn’t committed to any orders or set aside as unavailable.
- On hand - The inventory that is on hand after the adjustment, and that is a sum of your Committed, Unavailable, and Available inventory.
Learn more about inventory states.
On this page you can also review adjustments that were made by third-party apps or by processes that happen automatically in Shopify.
Learn more about your store's inventory adjustment history.