Request partial fulfillment
By default, the Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN) tries to fulfill your entire request in a single box to save shipping and fulfillment costs. If you want to remove some items and fulfill only a part of the fulfillment request, then you can split your fulfillment request. For example, if one of the items in the request is out of stock, then you can remove it from the request so that the remaining items can be delivered to customers as soon as possible.
To remove items from a fulfillment request, you need to remove the item from your order in Shopify, start the fulfillment in your SFN app, and then add the item back to your order in Shopify.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Orders.
- Click the order that you want to edit.
- On the order details page, edit the order to remove the item that you want SFN to fulfill separately from your Shopify order. Editing your order cancels your original fulfillment request in SFN, and a new request with the remaining items is created.
- Click View fulfillment details.
- On the fulfillment request page in your SFN app, click Fulfill Now.
- Click the order number in the Summary section.
- On the order details page in your Shopify admin, edit the order to add the item that you removed previously. The new item is displayed as a separate Unfulfilled fulfillment card in the order and SFN receives a separate fulfillment request.
If no inventory is available to fulfill the items, then the request is automatically placed on a hold until inventory is received.