Shopify Shipping with Sendle
If you're shipping from a location in Australia, then you can buy Shopify Shipping labels from Sendle. You can drop off your packages at a drop-off location and ship them within Australia, or you can schedule a pickup and ship packages internationally.
The shipping rates that you are charged are based on Shopify's account with Sendle.
Address eligibility for shipping packages with Sendle
Review the following shipping address considerations when using Shopify Shipping with Sendle:
- Sendle doesn't ship to or pick up packages from PO boxes.
- Not all addresses in Australia are eligible to purchase Sendle labels through Shopify Shipping. Before you purchase a shipping label, make sure that you understand the different methods to get your shipment to Sendle.
- Your origin address needs to be eligible for pickups even if you're dropping off your package. There are different locations for domestic and international pickups, which means being eligible for one doesn't mean that you're eligible for the other.
- If you aren't eligible for a particular method, then it doesn't appear as an option when you purchase a shipping label.
To determine whether an origin address is eligible to purchase a shipping label or which methods are available to get your shipment to Sendle, you need to include the suburb and the postal code. Enter the suburb into the City field instead of the city.
For more information, or to check the available suburbs, refer to the following:
Dropping off your shipments to Sendle
You can drop off your shipments at a Sendle drop-off location. Find your nearest Sendle drop off-location.
To drop off a shipment to Sendle you need to meet the following requirements:
- Your address is eligible for a drop off.
- It is a domestic shipment. You cannot drop off international shipments.
- The shipment is under 10 kg.
- The shipment's volume is less than 40 L.
Scheduling shipment pickups
You can schedule a pickup with Sendle if you meet the following requirements:
- Your address is eligible for a pickup.
- You specified that the shipment is for pickup when you purchased the shipping label.
International shipments can be picked up only, not dropped off.
You schedule your pickups at the same time that you purchase your label. You cannot schedule a pickup after a label is purchased.
When you schedule your first pickup, you must click Edit pickup details to add your details and instructions for the pickup. These details are saved and are added by default to all future pickups, but can be edited at any time.
The pickup location is the same as the shipping origin location used on the label.
The earliest pickup date is always the next business day. You can't specify the time for a pickup, the driver will arrive sometime between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm.
When you select a pickup date, any dates that you already have a pickup scheduled for are shown under Scheduled pickup dates in the Pickup date drop-down menu.
After you schedule a pickup, only the pickup date and pickup instructions can be changed. To change the pickup date for a single order, click the ... button > Manage parcel > Reschedule pickup within the order, and then fill out the form. If you need to change the pickup date for all orders on a pickup date, then click View pickup > Reschedule pickup on your Orders page. You can't change the pickup date on the day of the pickup.
To change the pickup instructions, contact Sendle support and include
Shopify in the subject line.
If you need to change any other details, such as shipping address, then void the label and create a new one.
Day of the pickup
On the day of the pickup, place your shipments in the location that you specified in the pickup details. If both domestic and international shipments have been scheduled for pickup, then separate them into two piles. Different drivers will collect each shipment type.
For your first few international pickups, Sendle drivers ask you for identification. If you are at a business address, then Sendle drivers will also ask you for proof that you work for that business, such as a business card. Make sure you have identification ready for when the Sendle driver arrives. If the driver can't verify your identity, then they might not take your shipments, and you would need to schedule a new pickup.
Package requirements for Sendle shipments
Sendle has different restrictions for domestic and international packages.
Domestic package requirements
The maximum values that Sendle allows for domestic packages are the following:
- no side can be longer than 180 cm (79.86 inches)
- maximum weight is 25 kg (55.1 lb)
- maximum volume is 100 L
For the restrictions on each individual package type, refer to Sendle's support site.
International package requirements
The maximum values that Sendle allows for international packages are the following:
- no side can be longer than 105 cm (41.3 inches)
- maximum weight is 20 kg (44.1 lb)
- maximum sum of dimensions is 150 cm (59 inches)
For more detailed restrictions, refer to Sendle's support site.
Sendle offers coverage for lost and damaged packages up to a maximum of 300 AUD. For more information, refer to Sendle's cover policy.
You can request a signature confirmation on packages that weigh over 500 g.
Sendle doesn't charge a fee for signature confirmation. You can request signature confirmation on the following Sendle services:
- Sendle service
- Sendle Intl service
Order shipping supplies
Contacting Sendle support
Whenever you contact Sendle support, make sure that you include
Shopify in the subject line of the email. This ensures that you are directed to the correct Sendle support team who are better equipped to help Shopify merchants.
Submitting a claim
Submitting a claim to Sendle requires you to first submit an enquiry for Sendle to investigate the status of your shipment. Updates to the enquiry are posted on the Sendle tracking page. If Sendle determines that you are eligible for a claim, then you can submit your claim.
Any email replies from Sendle regarding your claim are sent to the account owner email address for your store.
Step 1: Request an enquiry
- From your Shopify admin, go to Orders.
- Click the order.
- Click the Sendle tracking link.
- If none of the options available are applicable to your situation, then click Help on the Sendle tracking page.
Step 2: Submit an eligible claim
After you submit an enquiry and Sendle determines that you are eligible for a claim, you can then submit your claim.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Orders.
- Click the order.
- In the Fulfilled section, click the ... button.
- Click Manage Parcel.
- Click File a claim and follow the instructions on the Sendle page to submit your eligible claim.