Buying a business on Exchange Marketplace
You can use Exchange Marketplace to browse through all of the businesses for sale by a number of categories including, business type and location. Once you find something that seems like a good fit, the buying process begins.
Ensuring that you have an easy, seamless, and secure experience when purchasing a business is our goal. No matter the size of the business you're buying, you'll receive support throughout from the dedicated Exchange accounts team.
Since launching, thousands of a businesses have been sold through our marketplace. Are you new to running an online store? The Shopify Guru team is ready to help by answering any questions you might have.
The process of buying a business on Exchange can be complicated, depending on the business involved. But in general, it follows these steps:
- Find a listing that interests you.
- Message the seller.
- When the seller responds, send an offer.
- Seller accepts offer.
- Seller creates Escrow transaction.
- You are notified to accept the terms and submit payment.
- Escrow approves the payment.
- Seller transfers all assets to you.
- Mark all assets as received in Escrow.
- Conduct your inspection period.
- Mark all assets as accepted in Escrow.
- The Shopify Accounts team turns you from staff to the store owner within 3 business days. You will be notified when this ownership transfer is completed.
- Your funds will be disbursed to the seller from the Escrow transaction. The Escrow transaction is finalized at this point, and a return or refund is not possible.