Shopify Plus Partner sandbox stores
Shopify Plus Partners can create sandbox stores for Shopify Plus and use them to learn how to build on Shopify Plus and to create demos for prospective merchants.
Features and limitations
Sandbox stores include most of the features that are available on the Shopify Plus plan. This store is branded Shopify Plus, just like regular merchant stores.
You can do the following while using a sandbox store:
- Make an unlimited number of test purchases through the bogus gateway payment provider.
- Process an unlimited number of test orders.
- Create an unlimited number of unique products.
- Access Shopify Plus features in the admin, such as the Wholesale channel.
- Access Shopify Plus apps, such as Flow, Launchpad, and Transporter.
- Use Shopify Plus API call rates.
- Access custom checkouts. Ask your partner manager to enable this feature.
- Install paid apps. You can install and pay for as many apps as you want in a sandbox store.
- Process 500 real orders instead of 50.
- Create an unlimited amount of private apps instead of 10.
Sandbox stores are different from Shopify Plus stores in the following ways:
- You can access only the sandbox version of Avalara AvaTax.
- Your sandbox store can't use Extended Validation SSL Certificates (also known as EV SSL).
Creating sandbox stores
You will soon be able to request a sandbox store from your Partner Dashboard.