Requesting access to a client's store
You can use collaborator accounts to access your clients' stores directly through your own Partner Dashboard. Collaborator accounts give you access to only the sections of a store that your client wants you to see, and do not count towards a store's staff limit.
If you want a collaborator account for a client's store, then you need to send a request to the store owner through your Partner Dashboard. You can also send your client this article to explain how collaborator accounts work.
If you already have a staff account for the client's store or have been invited by the store owner to activate a staff account (but not yet activated it), then your request for a collaborator account will prompt the store owner to update your current account permissions to reflect those of your collaborator account.
To request access to a client's store:
- From your Partner Dashboard, click Managed stores.
- Click Add client store.
- Enter the URL of the Shopify store that you want to access.
- In the Permissions section, select the sections of the store that you want to access, or check Full access. The account owner can change these permissions after your account is created.
- If you want to include a message to the store owner in your request, then enter a message in the Add a message section.
- When you're done, click Send request.
After you submit a request, the store owner will receive an email about the request, and a notification on their Shopify Home:
View your merchant stores
You can view the stores that you've requested access to on the Managed stores page in your Partner Dashboard. There is no limit to the number of collaborator accounts that you can have, but you can have only up to 200 pending requests open at a time.