Messenger is one of the most popular messaging apps in North America. You can use the Messenger channel in Shopify to connect with your customers and build your business in some great ways:
- let your customers shop directly from conversations with you in Messenger
- send automated notifications to your customers in Messenger about their orders and shipping updates
- respond to your customers' questions quickly in a single message thread.
Your Facebook page is assigned a unique username, so you can send and receive messages as the Facebook page without sharing any of your personal account information. If you assign a staff member an Admin, Editor, or Moderator role on your Facebook page using their email address, then they can also message customers as the page. Learn more about Facebook page roles.
After you activate the Messenger channel in your Shopify admin, your customers can use Messenger to get in touch with you and shop for products from your featured collections. They can also sign up to receive Messenger updates at checkout, including shipping notifications when their orders are ready to go.
Customers can contact you by clicking Message Us from your online store or by clicking Message on your business's Facebook page.
If your Facebook page is unpublished, then customers might be able to begin Messenger conversations with you, but you will not be able to respond. Make sure you publish your Facebook page before you activate the Messenger sales channel.
Learn more about how your customers can use Messenger to shop for new products and keep track of their orders:
- Learn how notifications and shopping features work in Messenger
- Activate the Messenger channel in your Shopify admin
- Manage your Messenger notifications