Company account requests
Company customer requests let your customers submit a form on your online store to request access to buy from your business as a B2B company. After your customer submits the form, a company, a company location, and a customer are created in your Shopify admin. You can review the request and choose whether to approve the company to buy B2B from your business.
Set up a company account request form
- From the Shopify App Store, install the Shopify Forms app.
Create a form:
- From your Shopify admin, go to Apps > Forms.
- Click Create form.
- Select whether to create a Popup form or an Inline form.
- Enter a name for the form.
- Click Create.
- For each field that you want to add to the form, do the following:
- In the Fields section, click Company and customer.
- Click Add new field.
- Either select an existing field or click New field to create a custom input.
- Configure the rest of the form based on your preferences.
- Click Save.
Typically, popups are used for short forms. Inline forms are best suited for longer forms or when you want to have a dedicated sign up page on your online store.
Custom input fields
Custom input fields are stored as a metafield. When you add a custom field to your form, you need to give the corresponding metafield a name. After a metafield is saved, you can find it in your customer data metafields or company data metafields in your Shopify admin at Settings > Custom data > Customers. You can use this data to assess B2B company requests or to create customer segments.
The custom field can be any of the following data types:
- Single-line text: A short text field appropriate for a single sentence.
- Dropdown list: A list of options presented as a dropdown menu that the user can select one option from.
- Radio buttons: A list of options presented as a series of buttons that the user can select one option from.
- Multi-line text: A longer text field appropriate for a paragraph.
- Multiple choice: A list of options presented as a series of checkboxes. Unlike the Dropdown list and Radio buttons, users can select more than one response.
- Date: A specific date.
- Number: A single number.
Optionally, each type of field can have specific requirements set for it.
For example, suppose that you want to know how many locations an organization has before you approve them as a company in Shopify. You create a form and add a custom field and select Number. If you want to ensure that you receive applications only from companies with more than one location but fewer than nine, then you can set the field to accept values from 2-8.
Review company account requests
After the form is published to your online store, companies can submit the form to request access to buy B2B. When they do, a company with an associated customer is created in your Shopify admin to review. By default, companies created through the form don't have access to B2B ordering or pricing until they're approved.
You can review company account requests in the Ordering column and choose whether to approve companies in the Shopify admin.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Customers > Companies.
- Click Ordering not approved.
- Click the name of the company to review.
- In the Metafields section, review the information that the company contact has submitted by using your form: