The Experts Marketplace connects you with Shopify experts who you can hire for complicated or difficult tasks related to building your business.
There are two ways you can hire experts within the Experts Marketplace:
- Browse services and directly contact experts by requesting a quote.
- Create a job and get matched with experts. You can then pick which expert you want to work with.
If you create a job or request a quote, you’re not committed to hiring an expert. You decide whether they're right for the job and whether you want to work with them.
Planning to hire an expert
Before working with an expert, be prepared to describe the requirements for your job. The following best practices can be considered when planning to hire an expert:
- Familiarize yourself with any business or technical terms related to your job. This helps you and the expert discuss and understand the work.
- Do some preliminary research about the work. For example, you can find examples of other businesses who are doing something similar to what you want.
- Clearly define your budget, timeline, and the results. Share as much detail as possible so the expert can give you an accurate quote.
Find experts by browsing services
You can use the Experts Marketplace to browse numerous experts that can help meet your needs.
- From the Experts Marketplace menu, select or search for a service category. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then click Expert guidance.
- Optional: Filter experts by price, country/region, and language.
- Click on an expert to view profile information.
- When you find an expert you want to contact, select Request a quote.
- Enter job details and preferences.
Experts that are interested in your job can contact you with more information.
Create a job to get matched with experts
You can create a job to get matched with an expert that is best suited to your needs.
- From the Experts Marketplace menu, select Create a job.
- Select a service.
- Enter details about your job and preferences.
- Select Send job.
After your job is created, it is matched with experts. Experts that are interested in your job can then contact you with more information.
What if I want to be matched with different experts?
You can browse services to find other experts and request a quote from them.
What happens if I don’t get a response for my job?
There might be a few reasons:
- Your budget expectations didn’t match the job requirements.
- Some experts might be busy or unable to work on your job right now.
If you don’t receive a response within a few days, then you can create another job and select Expert guidance as the requested service.