Learn about Shopify's key features, ways to sell, pricing plans, and where to find help when selling.
Shopify provides you with a variety of tools to help you to set up and run your business. Depending on the pricing plan that you choose, you can find everything you need to showcase your products online, to process payments, and to make your store work for you. Shopify offers:
- Free and paid themes from the Shopify Theme Store to make your store stand out and look great
- Free and paid apps from the Shopify App Store to expand the functionality of your store
- Shopify's own payment provider to accept credit card payments
- Growth opportunities with Shopify's sales channels and an enterprise plan for merchants selling in high volume who want to decrease transaction fees
- A Shopify blog that has guides and articles about running your store and connecting with your customers
- Experts all around the world who can help you set up, design, and market your store
- A dedicated Support team available 24/7 to answer your questions no matter what Shopify plan you're on.
Ways to sell
With Shopify you can sell products in different ways using many sales channels. Although you're not limited to choosing only one way to sell, it's important to have an idea of your business requirements so you can choose a pricing plan that works for you.
Selling in person with Shopify POS
If you want to sell your products in person, then you can sign up for Shopify POS. This point of sale system allows you to process sales in a retail store and at mobile locations, such as fairs, pop-ups, and markets, using the Shopify POS app.
Find out more in getting started with Shopify POS.
Selling with Shopify's online store
If you want to sell online, then you can sign up for a Shopify online store. You will be able to set up all your products in the Shopify admin, and then have a beautiful online store for your customers to visit.
Find out more in getting started with Shopify's online store.
Selling on Shopify's other online channels
If you want to sell on social media, then you can do so using one (or more) of the available channels:
Find out more about Shopify's other online channels.
Depending on the type of business you are running and the way you want to sell your products, your needs might vary. Because of this, Shopify offers several subscription plans that have different monthly fees, transaction fees, and store features.
Take a look at Shopify's pricing plans.
Where to go for help
Shopify offers many resources to help you succeed. In addition to the Help Center, you can find guides and tutorials about growing your business in the Shopify community. If you can't figure out how to do something on your own, then you can ask Support, or connect with Shopify Experts to hire professional help with launching, designing, and marketing your store.
Join the Shopify community
Visit the Shopify community page and join today!
If you're not able to find what you're looking for in the Shopify Help Center, then you can reach out to Shopify Support at any time.
Hire an expert
You can browse available experts, or post your job to find the perfect match among 800+ Shopify Experts. Hiring an expert gets you professional help with launching, designing, and marketing your store.
You can also submit a job request for a Shopify Expert from within the Shopify admin.