Learn about Shopify's key features, ways to sell, our reliability, pricing plans, and where to find help.
Shopify provides you with a variety of tools to help you to set up and run your business. Depending on the pricing plan that you choose, you can find everything you need to showcase your products online, to process payments, and to make your store work for you. Shopify offers:
- Free and paid themes from the Shopify Theme Store to make your store stand out and look great
- Free and paid apps from the Shopify App Store to expand the functionality of your store
- Shopify's own payment provider to accept credit card payments
- Growth opportunities with Shopify's sales channels and an enterprise plan for merchants selling in high volume who want to decrease transaction fees
- A Shopify blog that has guides and articles about running your store and connecting with your customers
- Experts all around the world who can help you set up, design, and market your store
- A dedicated Support team available 24/7 to answer your questions no matter what Shopify plan you're on.
Ways to sell
With Shopify you can sell products in different ways using many sales channels. Although you're not limited to choosing only one way to sell, it's important to have an idea of your business requirements so you can choose a pricing plan that works for you.
Selling in person with Shopify POS
If you want to sell your products in person, then you can do so by using the Shopify POS app. You can process sales in a retail store and at mobile locations, such as fairs, pop-ups, and markets.
Find out more in getting started with selling in person.
Selling with Shopify's online store
If you want to sell online, then you can sign up for a Shopify online store. You will be able to set up all your products in the Shopify admin, and then have a beautiful online store for your customers to visit.
Find out more in getting started with Shopify's online store.
Selling on Shopify's other online channels
If you want to sell on social media, then you can do so using the available online sales channels.
We work to make sure your business is available when your customers want to shop. We have maintained a 99.99% uptime as a platform, calculated for all major Shopify services, in all geographic regions, for the past 90 days. Uptime is a way to measure the reliability of an operating system. This includes online storefronts, checkout, Shopify POS, Shop Pay, Shopify Payments, and Shopify itself. Our uptime calculations don't include downtimes attributed to:
- Outages of third-party services
- Errors resulting from theme customization
- Errors resulting from public or private apps
- Planned downtime or maintenance
- Major or natural events outside of Shopify's control
Depending on the type of business you are running and the way you want to sell your products, your needs might vary. Because of this, Shopify offers several subscription plans that have different monthly fees, transaction fees, and store features.
Take a look at Shopify's pricing plans.
Where to go for help
Shopify offers many resources to help you succeed, including:
- Shopify Help Center YouTube channel
- Shopify Compass courses
- Shopify Blog
- Shopify Community forums
- Shopify Support
Hire an expert
You can hire a Shopify expert to get professional help with launching, designing, and marketing your store. You can browse expert services, or post your job to find the perfect match among 800+ Shopify experts.
If you don't have a Shopify store yet, then you can contact an expert using the Hire a Shopify expert form.
Shopify's Exchange Marketplace
Exchange Marketplace is a convenient and secure way for you to buy or sell a business online. After you browse the listings and find something that's right for you, Exchange helps both parties complete the sale. You can use Exchange to search for ready-made online stores with high-traffic, semi-automated dropshipping businesses, or pre-made Starter Stores with everything that you need to start making sales.