Requirements and considerations for using Shopify Markets Pro
Before you apply and set up Shopify Markets Pro, you need to review the following requirements and considerations. Markets Pro doesn't support some countries or regions, and currencies.
On this page
Requirements for using Markets Pro
Your business needs to meet the following requirements to use Markets Pro:
- Your business needs to be based in the continental United States, exclusive of territories including Puerto Rico and Guam.
- You need to use Shopify Payments.
- Your products need to meet the prohibited or restricted items requirements.
- Your products need to meet the Markets Pro shipping requirements.
Considerations for using Markets Pro
Before you apply and start using Markets Pro, review the following considerations:
- Markets Pro doesn't support redirects at checkout.
- Markets Pro doesn't support subscriptions. Subscriptions work only for domestic orders.
- Markets Pro and the Global-e app are incompatible with each other and can't be used at the same time.
- Markets Pro doesn't support B2B.
- Markets Pro orders require your customer's phone number. A phone number is collected at checkout for Markets Pro orders.
- Markets Pro doesn't work in some customers' countries. For more information, refer to Unsupported countries.
- Markets Pro rejects payment pending orders that are sent to the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Norway, and any country that's a part of the European Union.
Considerations for shipping with Markets Pro
The following considerations apply when shipping with Markets Pro:
- You can purchase only DHL Express shipping labels and fulfill your international orders using one of the Markets Pro fulfillment options.
- PO boxes aren't supported for origin or destination addresses with Markets Pro.
- Markets pro isn't compatible with UPS accounts that are connected to your Shopify admin.
- Markets Pro doesn't support products that are fulfilled from app locations or custom fulfillment locations. These locations are commonly used by dropshipping or print-on-demand apps. Products from apps that aren't compatible with Markets Pro can still be sold domestically.
To learn more about shipping requirements and restrictions, refer to Shipping with Shopify Markets Pro.
Considerations for draft orders when using Markets Pro
The following considerations apply to draft orders when using Markets Pro:
- If you mark a draft order that's managed by Markets Pro as paid, then this order becomes a regular order and isn't managed by Markets Pro anymore. Your customer is charged duties and import taxes on delivery, and you can't buy discounted Markets Pro shipping labels.
- You can't collect payments by credit card for draft orders that are managed by Markets Pro.
- You can't add custom line items to draft orders using Markets Pro.
Unsupported countries and regions
Markets Pro doesn't sell or ship products to some countries and regions. The following list contains countries and regions that aren't supported by Markets Pro:
- Åland Islands
- American Samoa
- Ascension Island
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- Central African Republic
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- French Southern Territories
- Heard Island and McDonald Islands
- Holy See
- Isle of Man
- Marshall Islands
- Netherland Antilles
- Norfolk Island
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Puerto Rico
- Russian Federation
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Sint Maarten (Dutch part)
- South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
- South Sudan
- State of Palestine
- Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Tristan da Cunha
- United States of America
- United States Minor Outlying Islands
- United States Virgin Islands
- Wallis and Futuna Islands
- Western Sahara
Markets Pro doesn't support some currencies. Unsupported currencies switch to USD. The following list contains currencies that aren't supported by Markets Pro: