Requirements and considerations for using Shopify Markets Pro
Before you upgrade and set up Shopify Markets Pro, you need to review the following requirements and considerations. Markets Pro doesn't support some countries or regions, and currencies.
On this page
Requirements for using Markets Pro
Your business needs to meet the following requirements to use Markets Pro:
- Your business needs to be based in the continental United States, exclusive of territories including Puerto Rico and Guam.
- You need to use Shopify Payments.
- Your products need to meet the prohibited or restricted items requirements.
- Your products need to meet the Markets Pro shipping requirements.
Considerations for using Markets Pro
Before you upgrade and start using Markets Pro, review the following considerations:
- Markets Pro doesn't support redirects at checkout.
- Markets Pro doesn't support subscriptions. Subscriptions work only for domestic orders.
- Markets Pro supports Shop Pay, but doesn't support other accelerated checkouts.
- Markets Pro and the Global-e app are incompatible with each other and can't be used at the same time.
- B2B orders are not supported by Markets Pro, and you need to act as your own merchant of record for them.
- Markets Pro orders require your customer's phone number. A phone number is collected at checkout for Markets Pro orders.
- Markets Pro doesn't work in some customers' countries. For more information, refer to Incompatible countries.
- Markets Pro requires prepaid duties on orders that are sent to the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia, Norway, and any country that's a part of the European Union. For any other regions, you can turn on or off duties collection per region, but when turned off Markets Pro can't guarantee duties collection.
- Markets Pro is incompatible with Shopify Collabs.
Incompatible countries and regions
Markets Pro doesn't sell or ship products to some countries and regions. The following list contains countries and regions that aren't supported by Markets Pro:
- Åland Islands
- American Samoa
- Ascension Island
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- Central African Republic
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- French Southern Territories
- Heard Island and McDonald Islands
- Holy See
- Isle of Man
- Marshall Islands
- Norfolk Island
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Puerto Rico
- Russian Federation
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
- South Sudan
- State of Palestine
- Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Tristan da Cunha
- United States of America
- United States Minor Outlying Islands
- United States Virgin Islands
- Wallis and Futuna Islands
- Western Sahara
Markets Pro doesn't support some currencies. Incompatible currencies switch to USD. The following list contains currencies that aren't supported by Markets Pro: