Shop Merchant Guidelines
To be featured in the Shop app, make sure you review and comply with the merchant requirements and product restrictions.
Purchases made on Shop are processed through your online store. Shop and Shopify aren't involved in facilitating the purchase, sale, or delivery of goods or services. You remain responsible for handling and responding to all purchases, deliveries, customer service questions, refunds, returns, complaints, problems, and disputes. Shop reserves the right to remove you or your products from Shop at any time, and for any reason.
To appear in Shop, there are a set of requirements your store must meet. These requirements are in place to ensure a consistent experience for merchants and customers. You should review the following main criteria:
- Your store needs to be on an active Basic Shopify plan or higher. Learn more about checking or upgrading your current plan.
- Your store needs to have Shopify Payments activated. Learn more about Shopify Payments requirements.
- Your store needs to have Shop Pay enabled.
- Your store needs to have the Online Store sales channel, and the store cannot be password protected. Learn more about removing your store password. After the password is removed, anyone can access your online store.
- You're not using any password control, or age verification apps such as Advanced Registration, B2B Login Access Management, Locksmith, Login to View Price and MagicPass Deal Club, Wholesale. If you remove an age verification app but are selling age-restricted products, then your prohibited products still won't appear on the app and may result in a violation of the Shopify Acceptable Use Policy.
- You've had a chargeback rate of less than 1% in the last six months.
- You've never violated the Shopify Acceptable Use Policy.
- At least one of your products needs to meet Shop's product eligibility requirements. If you sell a combination of prohibited products and approved products, then only approved products will appear in Shop. Learn more about product eligibility troubleshooting.
If you meet all of the requirements, and don't know why your store isn't visible in the Shop app, then contact Shop support for support in English. For support in other languages, contact Shopify support.
Prohibited product types
Products featured in Shop must follow the requirements in these merchant guidelines, and all relevant terms and policies, including the following:
- Shopify Acceptable Use Policy
- Shopify Terms of Service
- Shopify Payments Terms of Service for the country where your business operates
- Shop Content Policy
When you sell products through Shop, there are additional prohibited product types. Prohibited product types on Shop include, but are not limited to, the following examples:
- age-restricted products such as alcohol, tobacco, or gambling
- animals and livestock, including pet prescriptions and certain animal products
- automobiles, automotive parts, and other motorized vehicles, including but not limited to recreational vehicles (RVs), all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), and motorcycles
- cannabis products
- drugs and drug-related products
- financial or professional services
- hazardous materials
- human parts
- mature content, services, or products that have nudity
- means of payment (such as stamps, cash, tokens, or any other form of physical or digital currency)
- medical devices and accessories
- surveillance equipment
- weapons, ammunition, or explosives
Shop has a moderation process in place to make sure that all content on your Shop Store follows merchant guidelines.
If your content is reported, then Shop will take the appropriate steps to review your content. If your content violates Shop's policies, then Shop might take appropriate action, including but not limited to redacting certain content, or removing your ability to use third-party Shop Minis on the Shop platform.