Requirements and considerations for using the Shopify Collective app
Before you start using the Shopify Collective app, you need to review the following requirements and considerations.
On this page
Requirements for using the Shopify Collective app
To use the Shopify Collective app in your Shopify admin, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Your business needs to be based in the United States*.
- Your store currency needs to be USD.
- You need to have Shopify Payments activated in your store.
- Your store made at least 50,000 USD in the last months 12 months.
- Businesses based in Canada can use Shopify Collective if directly invited by a supplier already on the app, who is also based in Canada, and whose store currency is CAD.
Considerations for using the Shopify Collective app
Before you start using the Shopify Collective app, review the following considerations:
- Shopify Collective doesn't support digital products, gift card products, and product drops.
- If your business is based in Canada and you work with a supplier based in Canada, then you need to determine how you and your supplier collect taxes. Generally, you collect taxes from your customers and your supplier collects taxes from you.
- To charge tax rates in Canada, you can set up your taxes in Shopify.
- To charge your suppliers correct tax rates, and file and remit your taxes correctly, you need to consult with your local tax authorities or a tax professional.