Set up drop-down menus in your online store
You can use drop-down menus to group products, collections, or pages together and make it easier for customers to navigate your online store. For example, if you have a lot of products then you might want to add them to collections and then use a drop-down menu from the main menu to organize the collections. This can help a customer to find the type of products that they're looking for.
You can also add, remove, or edit menu items in drop-down menus, or in your online store's default menus.
You can view and change your online store navigation from the Navigation page in your Shopify admin.
Nesting menu items to build drop-down menus
You can build drop-down menus by creating or moving menu items so that they're "nested" below a top-level item. The top-level item appears in the main menu on your online store, and the nested menu items appear in a drop-down menu:
The top-level item can have up to two levels of nested drop-down menus.
All themes will display nested items as drop-down menus from the main menu, and some themes will display nested items as drop-down menus in other locations.
The appearance and location of the main menu and drop-down menus in your online store depend on your online store's theme. Some themes will display an icon beside the name of a drop-down menu in the main menu to help customers recognize that a drop-down menu is there.
You can add a drop-down menu from any of the menu items in the main menu.
Add a drop-down menu from the main menu
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Navigation.
- Click the name of your main menu.
- Choose one of the menu items to be the header for your drop-down menu, or add a new menu item to be the header. If you don't want the header to link to anything, then you can enter
#in the Link field when you add the menu item.
- Add menu items to include in the new drop-down menu. Click Add menu item, enter the name of the menu item, and enter or select a destination for the link.
- Click and drag the menu items to nest below the header item.
- Click Save menu.