Feature a subset of collections on a page
You can feature a subset of collections on a custom page by editing your theme code. This tutorial shows you how to create a new page template and assign collections to show by using a menu.
All Shopify stores have a collections list page at the URL
www.mystore.com/collections that shows all of the collections in the store. As an alternative to this tutorial, you can edit your collections list page to show only a selection of your collections.
On this page
Create your new page template
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
- Find the theme you want to edit, and then click the ... button > Edit code.
In the Templates directory, click Add a new template.
Create a new template for page called list-collections.
- Delete the existing code in your new
page.list-collectionsfile. Find your theme code below and copy and paste the code in your
- Click Save.
Select your theme
The code for this customization varies depending on your theme. Click the button for your theme before copying and pasting it into your
Create a page on which to feature your collections
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Pages.
- Click Add page.
- In the page editor, enter a Title in the text box provided. You must use the same title for the menu that you'll create in the upcoming steps.
Assign your new template to the page by selecting list-collections from the Theme template drop-down menu in the Online store section.
Create the menu that controls which collections are shown
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Navigation.
- Click the Add menu button.
- Give your menu the same Title as the title that you gave the page that will feature your collections. For example, if the page you created has the title
Living Room, then give your menu the title
- Add links to your menu for each collection that you want to feature by clicking Add menu item. Choose collections from your store by clicking Collections in the drop-down menu for the Link text box. Link to your collections in this way, instead of adding a URL to the text box.
- Click Save menu.