This page was printed on May 29, 2023. For the current version, visit https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/customizing-themes.
- Editing your theme
- Add a contact page
- Add an announcement bar
- Add a newsletter signup
- Add order notes
- Languages and wording
- Accessibility for themes
- Add related products
- Add complementary products
- Change your catalog page
- Add storefront filtering
- Remove 'Powered by Shopify'
- Add Follow on Shop
- Add a delivery date picker
- Add gift card recipient fields
After you choose a theme that defines the basic look and feel of your online store, you can use the theme editor in your Shopify admin to customize the theme to suit your unique brand. With the theme editor, you can preview your theme, make changes to your theme settings, and add, remove, edit, and rearrange content. For more information about which sections and settings are available for your theme, refer your theme's documentation.
If your theme doesn't include settings for the changes that you want to make, and you're comfortable with HTML, CSS, and Liquid, then you can edit your theme code.
On this page
Before you customize your theme
To prepare for customizing your theme, complete the following recommended tasks:
- Duplicate your theme to create a backup copy. This makes it easy to discard your changes and start again if you need to.
- Make sure that you understand what level of support is available.
- Learn about the requirements and best practices for uploading images.