Shop Pay Installments customer experience
Use this page to learn about the buyer experience for customers checking out using Shop Pay Installments. Shop Pay Installments lets customers split their purchase into 4 equal installment payments. The customer can choose this option when they checkout using Shop Pay.
Checkout experience for customers using Shop Pay Installments
- The customer adds items to their cart.
- The customer checks out using Shop Pay.
- The customer selects Shop Pay Installments and chooses to pay for their order in 4 installments.
After a customer selects Shop Pay Installments, they review their purchase and are presented with one of the following options:
- Make their first payment at checkout
- Make their first payment 2 weeks after the purchase was made
The 3 remaining payments are charged to the customers debit or credit card every 2 weeks. Customers will get an email reminder before each payment is charged.
Credit scores and eligibility
Your customer's credit scores aren't affected if they use Shop Pay Installments. However, if the customer doesn't pay their installment, or they make a late payment, then their eligibility for making purchases using Shop Pay Installments in the future is affected.