To use Shop Pay Installments, you need to be based in the US, selling in USD, and have both Shopify Payments and Shop Pay enabled. You can access Shop Pay Installments in the Shopify Payments settings on your store's Payments page.
Shop Pay Installments is powered by Affirm. After you activate Shop Pay Installments, Affirm periodically reviews your online store to make sure that you're in compliance with their prohibited business policy. If you violate the policy, then a message stating that your Shop Pay Installments account is suspended displays in your admin.
The following are examples of some of the reasons your Shop Pay Installments account can be suspended:
- A password is required to access your online store.
- The primary currency of your online store isn't USD.
- The primary language of your online store isn't English.
- Your store doesn't have an online website.
- Your business is primarily a Business-to-Business (B2B) service.
- Your business involves gambling, financial services, or another category that Affirm doesn't support.
- You're selling regulated products such as alcohol, tobacco, or drug paraphernalia.
- You're selling prohibited products such as adult toys, currencies, or weapons.
If your Shop Pay Installments account is suspended, then you can contact Shopify support for more information or to appeal your status.