Managing try before you buy
After you have a try before you buy (TBYB) app installed and set up in your store, you might need to search your orders to manage information about TBYB orders, or customer payment information.
Managing your customers' payment methods
If you sell TBYB products and need a customer to update their payment information because of a failed payment, then you can update your customer's profile in the Shopify admin.
- From your Shopify admin, click Customers.
- Click the customer’s name.
- In the Payment methods section, click More actions.
- If you want your customer to update their payment information themselves, then do the following:
- Click Send link to update card.
- Select the email address that you want to send the email from.
- Click Send email.
- For some payment methods, if you want to update your customer's payment method manually, then do the following:
- Click Replace card.
- Complete the Replace credit card form.
- Click Confirm.
- If you want to remove your customer's payment method, then click Delete card.
Customers might be asked to confirm their payment method for additional security. Your customer's bank can challenge subsequent billing attempts, which means your customer needs to manually confirm their purchase and payment method.
If a customer needs to confirm their payment method for an order, then Shopify sends your customer an email which includes a link to your store to confirm the payment.
After you receive a TBYB order, you might need to search your orders to manage information about TBYB orders or payment information.
Filtering unpaid TBYB orders
You can filter your Orders page by Unpaid to view orders that don't have any payments on them.
- From your Shopify admin, click Orders.
- Click Unpaid.
Changing the payment due date
You can modify the payment due date on a deferred payment.
Collect a deferred payment early
If you want to collect the remaining payment earlier than scheduled, you can send an invoice to the customer or you can enter the customer’s credit or debit card.
- From your Shopify Admin, click Orders.
- Select the order that you want to collect early payment for.
- In the Partially paid section, select Collect payment and charge the stored card.
Canceling and refunding TBYB orders
If your customer cancels an order, then you might still need to refund the order manually. A message appears on an order when this happens.
When you refund an order from the Orders page, you might need to cancel the order in your TBYB app as well.