Marketing app data sharing
Some supported third-party email and SMS marketing apps integrate with Shopify to share customer events data across different marketing channels. This shared data helps improve the accuracy of your marketing attribution reports when measuring the results of your marketing campaigns. Customer events data includes the following information:
- emails that a customer received, opened, and clicked
- SMS messages that a customer received and clicked
Supported marketing apps
The following marketing apps are supported for customer events data sharing with Shopify:
Connecting apps for data sharing
To import data into your Shopify admin from your third-party marketing apps, you need to have the app installed in your Shopify admin and connect your marketing app account to Shopify.
Setting up Klaviyo data sharing
Activate Mailchimp data sharing
After you install the Mailchimp: Email Marketing app on your store, you need to update your app permissions to activate data sharing.
- From your Shopify admin, to go Settings > Apps and sales channels.
- Click Mailchimp: Email Marketing, and then click Open app.
- On the Update data access page, click Update.