Changing inventory quantities (Shopify admin)
When you use multiple locations, you can update the inventory quantities in several ways on the Inventory page in your Shopify admin.
- In the Shopify admin, go to Products > Inventory.
- If you have multiple locations, then select a location from the drop-down menu.
- Optional: Filter or search the list of products.
- You can adjust the On hand or Available quantity of a single variant or multiple variants by the same amount.
- To adjust a single variant, enter the quantity in the On hand or Available column of the variant that you want to adjust.
- To adjust multiple variants by the same amount, select the variants that you want to edit and click Update quantities.
- Click Save.
When you adjust the On hand quantity, your Available quantity is updated by the same amount.
If a product isn't listed for that location, then the product isn’t stocked at the location.
On this page
Change the inventory quantity for one product
- From the Products page, click the product you want to edit.
- If you're editing quantities for a single variant of that product, then click the variant.
- In the Inventory section, click the quantity for a location in the Available column.
- Change the inventory quantity:
- To add or subtract the quantity by a specific number, click Adjust by and then enter a number. Use a negative number to subtract from the existing inventory quantity. The new quantity is calculated for you in the New section.
- To update the available quantity to a specific number, click New and enter the total quantity.
- Click Save.
Change the inventory quantities by using the bulk editor
By using the bulk editor, you can change inventory quantities for multiple product variants and locations. The bulk editor is a page that shows rows and columns of data, similar to a spreadsheet.
Go to Products, and then select the product with variants that you want to edit.
In the Variants section, select the variants that you want to edit, and then click Open bulk editor.
Click Columns, and then select a location where the products are stocked. Repeat this step for every location where the inventory quantities need to be updated.
For each variant that you want to update, click the inventory quantity at a location to update the value.
Inventory states can help you understand where your products are and whether they can be sold. In addition to showing the Available inventory for a product, your POS displays the quantity of products that are Committed, Unavailable, On hand and Incoming.
Inventory states definitions
Your inventory is grouped into the following states:
|Available||Available inventory refers to inventory that you can sell. Available inventory isn’t committed to any orders or reserved for any draft orders. It also doesn't include inventory that's considered Incoming.|
|Committed||Committed inventory refers to the number of units that are part of a placed order but aren't yet fulfilled. When units are part of a draft order, they don’t count as Committed inventory until the draft becomes an order, and they can’t be purchased by customers.|
|Incoming||Incoming inventory refers to inventory that’s on its way to your location. Incoming inventory isn’t available to sell until it has been received and its state has been changed to Available.|
|On hand||On hand inventory refers to inventory units that you physically have at a location. On hand inventory is made up of the total of your Committed, Unavailable, and Available inventory.|
|Unavailable||Unavailable inventory refers to inventory refers to inventory that isn't available for sale or committed to an order. Unavailable inventory is physically stocked at your location but it's not available to be sold to customers.|
Access inventory states in POS
- From your POS app, tap Products.
- Tap a product.
- Optional: If you have variants, then tap a variant.
- Optional: If you have multiple locations, then tap the current store location.
The inventory states display in a list with quantities beside each state.
Shopify POS will warn staff before they sell an item that has limited or no availability. Staff can choose to complete the sale by confirming that they want to sell the item anyway, or they can go back to the cart for more actions.