Accepting a cash payment
You can accept payment by cash. When you accept a cash payment, Shopify calculates the change and tracks the amount of cash in the cash drawer.
- From the Cart screen, tap Checkout.
- From the Select payment option screen, tap Cash. By default, the correct amount of the order is entered.
- If the customer isn't paying with exact cash, then you can enter the amount that you're receiving in one of two ways:
- Tap one of the suggested amounts below the Cash field.
- Tap the Cash field to bring up the keyboard and enter the correct amount, and then tap Done.
- When you're ready to complete the order, tap Accept cash.
- Decide whether to provide the customer with a receipt, and then tap Done to return to the Shopify POS products screen.