Managing Point of Sale staff
If you're the store owner or have the Manage Point of Sale staff permission, then you can do the following from the Point of Sale channel of your Shopify admin:
- Change the email address and contact information for a POS app only staff.
- Change the POS role for any staff with Point of Sale access.
- Change the PIN for any staff with Point of Sale access.
- Delete a POS app only staff.
- Remove Point of Sale access from staff with access to the Shopify admin.
Only the store owner can manage their own contact information, POS role, and PIN.
If staff has access to the Shopify admin, only they can edit their contact information themselves.
On this page
Change a staff's information (Shopify POS app)
Search and filter the staff list
Delete a POS app only staff
If you're the store owner, or have the Manage Point of Sale staff permission, then you can delete POS app only staff.
Apply the same action to multiple staff
You can apply the following actions to multiple staff simultaneously in the Point of Sale channel in the Shopify admin:
- Assign POS roles.
- Give Point of Sale permission for staff with Shopify admin access member accounts.
- Delete POS app only staff.
In the following example, you assign the same POS role to several staff all at the same time.
From your Shopify admin, click Settings > Apps and sales channels.
From the Apps and sales channels page, click Point of sale.
Click Open sales channel.
Check the box beside the name of each staff whose POS role you want to assign.
Click Assign POS role, and then click the role that you want to assign to all the selected staff.