URL redirects can be used to redirect traffic from one web page to another. When you change a URL on your Shopify store, you can create a URL redirect to ensure your customers can still find what they're looking for.
For example, if you delete a product, you can set up a URL redirect so that when customers enter the URL for that product, they are redirected to a similar product on your store.
Create a URL redirect
To create a URL redirect manually:
From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Navigation.
Click URL Redirects:
Click Add URL redirect.
In Redirect from, enter the old URL you want to redirect visitors from. Only broken URLs should be redirected. If the old URL still loads a webpage, the URL redirect won't work.
In Redirect to, enter the new URL that you want to redirect visitors to. If you want to redirect to your store's home page, then enter
Manage your URL redirects
You can manage your URL redirect list in the following ways:
- Filter URL redirects by date
- Edit URL redirects
- Export your URL redirects
- Delete URL redirects individually
- Delete many URL redirects at once
Filter URL redirects by date
To filter your list of redirects by date:
- Click Filter.
- From the drop-down menu, click Select a filter. Then click Date added.
- Click Select a value and choose to search before or after a date you will specify.
- Specify the date.
- Click Add filter.
A list of URL redirects matching your search will be displayed.
Edit URL redirects
To edit an existing redirect:
- Click the URL redirect that you want to edit.
- Enter the changes.
- Click Save redirect.
Export your URL redirects
To export your existing URL redirects:
- Click Export.
- Choose which redirects you want to export.
- Select which type of CSV file you want to export.
- Click Export items.
Delete URL redirects individually
To delete a single URL redirect:
- Select the URL redirect that you want to delete.
- Click Actions.
- Click Delete selected redirects.
- Click Delete to confirm your decision.
Delete many URL redirects at once
You can delete multiple URL redirects at once by using the Actions button. Find out more about using Bulk actions.