Setting up inventory reservations for Shopify Fulfillment Network
This page was printed on Jun 02, 2023. For the current version, visit https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/shopify-fulfillment-network/inventory-management/inventory-reservations.
If you want to stop selling inventory that you have in stock with Shopify Fulfillment Network, or inventory that you will have in stock at a future time, then you can use inventory reservations.
On this page
Before you begin
Before you set up inventory reservations, you need to configure the following settings:
- To prevent adjustments to your available inventory, activate inventory override sync for your store.
- Deselect Continue selling when out of stock for each variant that you don't want to sell. When this setting is selected, you can't modify your inventory reservations. Any product reservations that are made before you select Continue selling when out of stock will continue selling without any limitations.
Set up inventory reservations
- From the SFN app, click the Inventory tab, and then select a product.
- In the Available for sale section, click Edit.
- In the Adjust by section, enter the inventory quantity that you want to change. You can use a negative number to subtract from existing available for sale quantity.
- Click Save.
After you save the amount of stock that you want to reserve, this quantity is subtracted from the Available quantity for the product in your Shopify admin. Any orders that are already listed as Pending fulfillment will still be fulfilled. You can only reserve inventory that has not already been sold.