Shopify Shipping with DHL Express
If you're shipping from a location in the continental United States, then you can buy Shopify Shipping labels from DHL Express and ship your packages to international addresses.
The shipping rates that you are charged are based on Shopify's account with DHL Express and includes free shipment pickups.
Considerations for shipping packages with DHL Express
Review the following considerations when using Shopify Shipping with DHL Express:
- DHL Express ships only from the continental United States, and doesn't ship from Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Alaska.
- You can ship only to international addresses. You can't ship to an address in the United States.
- DHL Express doesn't ship from or to PO box addresses.
- Shopify Shipping with DHL Express offers free shipment pickups.
Getting your products to DHL Express
You can drop off your products at a DHL drop-off location or schedule a pickup.
Schedule a DHL Express pickup
You can schedule a free pickup at your preferred date, time, and address. Pickups from DHL Express are free. Pickup times are based on the time zone of the pickup address.
You can schedule a pickup from 1 to 7 days in advance. Any pickup times are estimates and depend on traffic, weather, and pickup address. If you want to schedule multiple pickups, then you need to buy at least one DHL Express label.
From your Shopify admin, go to Orders.
To schedule a pickup, do either of the following:
- To schedule a pickup immediately after you purchase a shipping label, in the Package pickup section, click Schedule pickup.
- To schedule a pickup for an order that was fulfilled with DHL Express, open the order, click the
...icon, and then click Schedule pickup.
In the Pickup address section, select the pickup address or enter a custom address. Custom addresses aren't saved for future pickups.
In the Pickup details section, provide the following details:
- contact name and phone number
- pickup date and estimated pickup time
- package location, such as a reception or a front door
- any special instructions for the courier, such as an apartment number or a buzz code.
Review the pickup summary, and then click Schedule pickup.
You can view your scheduled pickups from the Orders page in your Shopify admin.
If you need additional help with your scheduled pickup, then call DHL at 1-800-CALL DHL (1-800-225-5345) with your pickup confirmation number and your tracking number. You can find your pickup confirmation number in the order's Timeline.
Cancel a pickup
You can cancel a scheduled pickup. If you try to cancel a pickup that is close to the scheduled time, then it might be too late and the driver still arrives at the schedule time.
From your Shopify admin, go to Orders.
Click View pickups.
Click Cancel pickup.
Click Cancel pickup again to confirm.
International shipping with DHL Express
DHL Express offers international shipping from the continental United States using DHL Express Worldwide shipping service.
|Shipping Service||Delivery Timeline||Description|
|DHL Express Worldwide||1-3 business days||Ships to over 220 countries and territories worldwide.|
Package requirements for DHL Express international shipments
The maximum values that DHL Express allows for international shipments are the following:
- maximum weight is 154 lb (70 kg)
- maximum length is 47.2 inches (120 cm)
- maximum width is 31.5 inches (80 cm)
- maximum height is 31.5 inches (80 cm)
For more information about package requirements, refer to the DHL Express website.
Included insurance coverage
You can add shipping insurance when you buy a shipping label in your Shopify admin.
DHL Express labels and customs documents
You can reduce paper waste and speed up customs clearance by using Paperless Trade and paperless commercial invoicing when you ship with DHL Express. If you're shipping to a supported country, then your customs documentation is automatically submitted electronically, and you need to print only the shipping label.
Destination countries and regions that support Paperless Trade are covered in DHL Express' Digital Customs Invoice FAQ. If you're shipping to a non-supported country or region, then you need to print the customs forms and attach them to your shipment.
Delivery management options
Signature on delivery is DHL Express's default delivery requirement for all countries except for Canada. There is not additional charge for Signature Required service. Customers have the option to request alternative services using DHL Express's On Demand Delivery Service.
Your customers can use the following On Demand Delivery services:
- reschedule the delivery date
- leave the package with neighbor or concierge
- collect the package from a service point
- deliver to an alternative address
- if the customer is on vacation, then hold the package in DHL facilities
For more information on delivery management options, refer to DHL On Demand Delivery website.
Some items and commodities are restricted depending on where you're shipping to. Consult DHL's What Can I Ship webpage, and make sure you're familiar with your destination country's shipping regulations.
The following items are prohibited from being shipped using DHL Express:
- counterfeit goods
- live animals (for example, insects, pupae, or hatchlings)
- precious and semi-precious stones
- weapons and ammunition
- human remains or ashes
- items considered illegal in your intended destination (for example, ivory or narcotics)
Packages containing prohibited items can't be shipped using DHL Express. In this case, DHL Express contacts you and returns your item.
Free shipping supplies
You can order free shipping supplies by emailing DHL Express at
USShopifySupplies@dhl.com. This button opens a template email in your preferred email client:
Getting support for DHL Express shipments
If you need help with your DHL Express shipment, such as rerouting a package or submitting a claim, you can contact Shopify Support.
Submitting a claim
If a shipment is lost or damaged, then email Shopify Shipping Support at firstname.lastname@example.org to track your package and file a claim.
You should submit your claim as soon as you discover that a package was lost or damaged. DHL Express must receive notice of a claim within 30 days after package pickup. Shopify Shipping Support also needs time to process and direct your claim to DHL before the liability period expires.
Include the following information in your email:
- your .myshopify.com address
- the order number
- description of the damage
- the receiver's phone number
Requesting support for DHL Express shipments
If you are using DHL Express with Shopify Shipping and you need help, you can contact:
|Get help before you buy a label.||Shopify Support|
|Get assistance after buying a label, such as rerouting a package.||Shopify Support||Submit a claim.||Send an email to Shopify Shipping Support.
To learn more about submitting a claim for a DHL Express shipment, see Submit a claim.
|Dispute a shipping adjustment.||Shopify Support|