Shopify Shipping with DPD
If you're shipping from a location in the United Kingdom, then you can buy Shopify Shipping labels from DPD. You can drop off packages at a drop-off location and ship them domestically.
The shipping rates that you are charged are based on Shopify's account with DPD.
On this page
Considerations for shipping packages with DPD
Review the following considerations when using Shopify Shipping with DPD:
- Pickups aren't available with DPD. You need to drop off your packages at a DPD parcel drop-off location.
- DPD doesn't ship to PO Boxes or BFPO addresses.
- To purchase DPD shipping labels, your store's address needs to be based in the United Kingdom.
- DPD doesn't offer signature on delivery or proof of age on delivery services.
- Shopify Shipping with DPD ships only domestically within the United Kingdom and doesn't support international destinations.
- DPD doesn't support envelope and soft package types.
- The DPD integration supports only label purchases. There are no carrier calculated rates available for checkout.
Getting your products to DPD
You can drop off your products at a DPD drop-off location. Find your nearest DPD drop off-location.
Domestic shipping with DPD
You can ship packages using DPD only within the United Kingdom. DPD doesn't have guaranteed delivery times, but they aim to deliver shipments within 48 hours after the parcel pickup.
Package requirements for DPD domestic shipments
The maximum values that DPD allows for domestic packages are the following:
- maximum weight is 20 kg (44.1 lb)
- maximum length + girth is 230 cm (90.5 inches)
- maximum dimension of any side (length, width, height) is 100 cm (39.3 inches)
To calculate your package's size, you can use DPD's Girth and Volumetric Weight Calculator.
DPD offers coverage for lost and damaged packages up to a maximum of 100 GBP.
Requesting support for DPD shipments
To get help with your shipment after it has been given to DPD, such as attempting to reroute a shipment or disputing an adjustment, you can contact Shopify Support.
Submitting a claim
If your DPD shipment is lost or damaged, then you need to submit your claim as soon as you discover that a package was lost or damaged. DPD needs to receive notice of a claim within 10 days from the date of shipping. Shopify Shipping Support also needs time to process and direct your claim to DPD before the liability period expires with the full information requested below.
To initiate a shipping claim with DPD, send an email to Shopify Shipping Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. It can take up to 28 days to resolve your shipping claim.
Include the following information in your email:
- the order number
- a description of the contents
- for damaged packages, a description and pictures of any damaged items and packaging:
- when photographing the outside of the package, include the shipping label on the damaged package
- when photographing the inside of the package, include how the items were wrapped within the shipment
- an invoice in PDF format that includes the following information:
- parcel tracking number
- your name
- customer name
- product name
- product quantity
- cost of your products (how much you paid for the product)
For lost packages that are marked as delivered, a Denial of Receipt (DOR) is issued to your customer by DPD. Your customer has 14 days to complete and return the DOR to DPD, otherwise the claim will be closed.
Rerouting a shipment
You can't reroute or intercept your shipment, but your customers can. Your customers receive an email or a SMS about the scheduled delivery and then they can reroute or reschedule the delivery of the shipment. There are no additional charges for you or your customers for this service.
Disputing an adjustment
If you are incorrectly charged an adjustment, such as an adjustment for an incorrect shipment weight or oversized package, then you can dispute the adjustment.
When you contact Shopify Support, make sure to provide the following information:
- tracking number
- reason for the dispute
- any supporting documents or images, such as showing the measurement of a package