Collecting international duty and import taxes
If you ship internationally, then your customers might be charged additional duties and import taxes.
You can charge duties and import taxes at checkout if your store meets the following requirements:
- is on the Advanced Shopify or the Shopify Plus plan
- uses a shipping service other than Shopify Shipping
- does not use the Shopify Fulfillment Network
- has Harmonized System (HS) codes applied to products
- uses registration-based taxes
If your store doesn't meet the requirements to charge duties and import taxes at checkout, then you can use a third-party app to calculate duties and import taxes.
Before activating this feature, refer to:
Activate duties and import tax collection
You can manage the duty and import tax settings for your store in the Taxes and duties section of the Shopify admin. After the feature is activated, you can also manage the settings for collecting duty and import taxes for countries and regions in the Markets section of the Shopify admin.